Thursday, March 26, 2020

Chocolate Bunnies!

New Pattern!

It seems to have taken a bit to get this all put together .... a few interruptions with everything that is going on and a bit of a sinus infection that knocked me around for a few days last week.  Not to mention income tax organization and preparation!  Even with the extension to filing dates it just feels right to get it done and move along.  Just trying to keep some semblance of routine with all that is going on around us.

Enough about that though .... I’m so excited to unveil my newest pattern .....

CHOCOLATE BUNNIES!


Last year I started to play around with these little bunnies so it was just a matter of waiting for the perfect fabric colors to come along to finalize the idea I had formed in my brain.  I can now see these little bunnies being used everywhere .... on wreaths, decorating little Easter bags, little swags ... and on and on.  They are so easy to make ... if you don’t like blanket stitch appliqué, do raw edge appliqué and if you don’t like that just glue them on!  Use wool instead of cotton!  So many ideas.


Anybody that knows me, knows that I am not an Easter decorating person.  I'm a Halloween gal through and through 😊.  Somehow this bunny thing took over and the colors of this collection, Regency Sussex, by Christopher Wilson-Tate for Moda, just clicked for me.


The little cotton bunnies in the photos were made a very long time ago .... every once in a while I will trip over the paper templates stuck between pages of a book .... at least I think that is where I saw it last 😕.  I look at those little arms and ears and I'm shocked to think that I actually had the patience back then to make one .... actually two .... of these little creatures.  Amazing!

The decorated wooden eggs were inherited from my step-mom and they fit nicely with the Chocolate Bunny decor.

PDF patterns are available so that you can purchase, download and start creating right away.  You can definitely make this using scraps that you have on hand .... at least 5"x5" squares are needed for the half square triangles.  Your bunnies can be made in whatever colors your heart desires .... even purple, pinks and blues!

The website has a very limited number of kits available.  The kit includes everything except the fusible web, glue, thread and batting - everything you will need is in the kit .... even those cute little tails.

The website also has a very limited number of the Regency Sussex charm packs on hand which gives you the option to choose your own background, bunnies, backing and border fabric ..... and tails of course 😀.

The little bunnies on a stick (dowel) are the cutest!  And those little tails 😉- yup, that sealed the deal for me ..... I LIKE TO DECORATE FOR EASTER!

Do you decorate for Easter?  Let me know what your favorite decorations are.

On a side note ..... I think I have the commenting option fixed on this blog!  You can comment now .... don't be shy .... say hello!

Here is the link to this week’s newsletter.

'til next time,

QB

1 comment:

Love to hear from you!