Thursday, March 5, 2020

Anna's Stars Update

Quilting Done ..... Binding is Next!

I have finally completed the machine quilting on the little Anna's Stars quilt and I'm pleasantly pleased with the results.


I have started watching machine quilting videos while I am quilting in the studio ..... my machine just happens to be facing towards the computer monitor and I can have the Youtube videos set to play and play and play.

So I was watching a few of these videos last week as I was meandering the body of the quilt and I thought that I should try and break out of my "always meandering" habit.  You know the one where you just can't put the effort into thinking about how to do something new and what would really fit into that space conversation that you have with yourself.  Plus it takes time to figure it all out and you could be done meandering in the time it takes you to plan and plot what to do.

But .... I did it!  I plotted .... I planned (just a little) .... AND I DID IT!!!! I broke away from the meandering 😁.


Not only did I break away from the meandering, as you can see in the above photo, I also stitched in the ditch (which I never do), I did little bow ties in the one border and I did wishbones in the outer border.  


BUT, and this is very important, I made sure that I used thread that blended really, really well on the front of the quilt and also on the back of the quilt so that everything looks fantastic .... at least to me!

So, let me be a lesson to everyone that is scared to branch out from the meander ---- you can DO IT!!!  I'm proud of myself for the moment 😆😆, at least until I have the next quilt under the needle and I'm faced with a whole new blank canvas to work on 😲.

'til next time,
QB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!