Thursday, April 2, 2020

Keeping Busy

Occupying the Mind


I got busy the other day and stacked up some fabrics and other items in the studio for some good old photo therapy.  Always fun to pull items from this corner and that corner and make a nice little header for the website.  I love the kitty peeking out from the one side .... did not realize he would be so fun until I looked at the photos.  Nice surprise there!

Don't Forget About Easter!

Even with all the upheaval in the world we still need to take the time to celebrate the occasions that come along as they happen.  This year, for my husband and myself, Easter will be very different even without the Covid-19 pandemic.

Last Easter my mother-in-law and my father were with us ... this year they won’t be.  We miss them terribly, but I'm glad they are not here to see what is going on in the world right now.

My little Chocolate Bunnies wallhanging, and the bunnies on a stick, are in the dining room, right near where my dad always sat for special suppers.  Special bunnies!

I have received photos from a few gals who have made this pattern ... the color combinations have been wonderful.  Bunnies do not need to be chocolate 😀!

Quilt Alongs

To keep myself busy .... although really I didn't need any help with that 😔...... I started two quilt alongs.  In my own defence though, it was so very difficult to see all these announcements coming out and not join one or two.  I was feeling like a nice diversion from computer work would be just the thing to keep my mind occupied.

So I chose the Bonnie Hunter Unity Mystery quilt along to use up scraps and then I chose Melissa's Mystery quilt-a-long to use up some yardage (join Melissa's Facebook page).  I am enjoying both and kudos to both ladies for doing a fabulous job.

Here is the center of the Unity mystery quilt which was the first clue on Monday.  The next clue will be on Monday the 6th.  This mystery quilt is going to be a medallion style quilt so you can see it through to the very end for a big quilt or stop at any round along the way.  I have dragged out scraps from many, many years ago and am pressing and cutting as we go.  It is super fun trying to place all these different colors and prints into some semblance of order.  My color choices are red, blue and gold, plus neutrals ....  but of course, in true scrappy style, the tones are all over the map!  If you are on Instagram it is truly amazing to see how many people are participating and posting their completed center block.  Wow!

Now Melissa's Mystery, using the yardage and only three colors, is a true mystery for me!  I'm wracking my brain trying to think where we are going with these pieces 😃.  So much fun!
I have had yardage of this green print for years .... always liked the tone of it and the understated print but never used it .... not sure why not.  And then the cream (which isn't showing very well in the photo) felt like the right tone to go with the green.  The third fabric we were to choose was to be a "pop" fabric ... something that really stood out from the other two prints.  I think the orange fits the bill for the pop.

I hope you will follow along with my progress on these two projects and I also hope that you are also doing these or one, two or three of the many that are currently being offered.  If you are on Facebook, Instagram or even just google “quilt alongs” you will find all kinds of other options.  Turn off the news, turn on some quilting videos or a music station (that doesn't have news), and keep your hands and mind busy with creating something .... anything.  It doesn't have to be something that you will use .... it is the process .... you can always donate your quilt to Christmas Cheer or another organization.  Keep busy and be happy!

'til next time,
QB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!