Monday, January 6, 2020

Quilting Art

Artwork for the Studio

I have been to Alaska twice now and both times I found these beautiful, fun, colorful cards in the quilt shops up there.

I couldn't resist them the first time and bought a few for my quiltie friends and ended up not getting any for myself.  So back in August 2019 when we were in Alaska again, I made sure to buy myself some of the cards.

The artist is from Alaska and her name is Barbara Lavallee.  I love the colors, the movement and of course the theme that these particular cards show. 


 

Over the Christmas/New Years break we just happened to pop into an Ikea and I found the perfect frame for these 5"x7" cards.  I still need to get a nail in the wall to hang it but at least I have them framed now and I'm so looking forward to getting them up on the wall.


I also purchased two quilting patterns that were designed around this artist's prints.  My favorite is "Three Sheets to the Wind" (bought in 2016), which I am looking forward to starting in 2020.

3 Sheets to the Wind Quilt Pattern

Oh how I wish I could paint as well as quilt!

But then again, how nice is it that we are able to quilt someone else's artwork.  I just hope I can do it justice when I finally get to making this little quilt.

Have you made a quilt from someone else's painting before?  Please share a photo if you have!

'til next time,

QB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!