Friday, May 7, 2021

Best Banana Bread Recipe


I know, I know, that is what every recipe has for a title these days!  But, when you are time-strapped and those bananas are getting blacker by the second you just need a recipe - right now!  I know there is one in a cookbook I have ... somewhere ... but for speed sake I turned to Pinterest.

So a quick search on Pinterest provided a plethora of options and I'm always the sucker for heading that says it is "the best" version.  So this is the one I chose and I have to say that we are quite enjoying it.  Limited number of ingredients and super quick to throw together with the addition of a few chocolate chips .... pop it in the oven and go back to work for an hour or so (it said 50 minutes, but mine took longer).

Best Banana Bread Recipe
Yield: 1 loaf

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
3 large ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter.
In one bowl, mash bananas with softened butter.  Add the vanilla and eggs and mix.
In a second bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together until just combined.  Do not over mix.
Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until done (test with toothpick).

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes or until done.
This recipe is from the Salty Marshmallow.

Enjoy!

'til next time,
QB



 

1 comment:

Love to hear from you!